Intellectual Property Management Plan
Intellectual Property Management Plan
The Company focuses on manufacture, sales and research and development of pharmaceutical products, continuing to develop other pharmaceutical products and consumer healthcare products portfolio so as to provide medical personnel and patients with better treatment choices. In order to comply with requirements of the corporate governance evaluation and to protect the Company’s research and development results, the Company intends to combine its operational objectives, research and development and business resources, to formulate strategies for the development and management of the Company’s intellectual property rights by the general manager’s office, the finance and the R&D departments.
Management of Intellectual Property Rights
- Patent and trademark management:
(1) The Company irregularly engages external patent firms to carry out patent and trademark maintenance, inventory and portfolio application planning. The patents and trademarks in possession of the Company will be mainly used for pharmaceutical products manufactured or sold by the Company and its affiliates.
(2) The employment contract and related attachments signed between the Company and the employees stipulates that during the period of employment, the inventions, discoveries, improvement methods, operating procedures and other knowledge developed, researched and conceived by employees, either alone or jointly with others, shall be held by the Company in terms of the right of use, income and ownership, except for those rights and interests which belongs to employees under applicable laws.
- Trade secret management:
The employment contract and related attachments signed between the Company and the employees stipulates that:
(1) During the employee’s employment with the Company and after the termination of the employment, employees shall be under obligations of confidentiality with respect to confidential information known or possessed by them about the Company, and shall not disclose, inform, deliver it to any third party or make it publicly available.
(2) Employees will promptly notify the Company upon being aware of any misuse or unlawful theft, disclosure or exploitation of the Company’s confidential information so that the Company can take the necessary protective measures to protect its confidential information.
(3) Employees will not disclose any of their former employers’ confidential information during the employee’s employment with the Company.
- Copyright Management:
The Company intends to conduct periodic inventories of related works completed by the Company in connection with its manufacturing, research and development operations in order to safeguard the rights and interests of the Company’s works.
Implementation Status and Prospect
The implementation status of the Company’s intellectual property management is as follows:
|Objectives||Implementation Status||Results of Implementation|
|1. Accomplishment of Intellectual Property Inventory||Results of intellectual property acquired by the Company Group after taking inventory:||Accomplished.|
|Patents: As of November 4, 2022, 2 invention patents related to pharmaceutical products had been approved.|
|Trademarks: As of November 4, 2022, a total of 77 trademark applications had been approved.|
|The aforementioned patents and trademarks are mainly used in the pharmaceutical products manufactured or sold by the Company Group.|
|2. Promote the participation of related personnel in the education and training course of “Intellectual Property Management”||The education and training course in the year of 2022 and the number of attendees and hours is as follows:||Accomplished.|
|Course name: Intellectual Property Management Course|
|The number of attendees and hours: 10 persons, with 15 hours in total|
|3. Promote the participation of related personnel in the education and training course of “Trade Secret Dissemination”||The education and training course of “Trade Secret Dissemination” in the year of 2022 and the number of attendees and hours is as follows:||Accomplished.|
|Course name: Trade Secret Dissemination|
|The number of attendees and hours: 353 persons, with 58.83 hours in total|
The Company has reported the above implementation status of intellectual property management to the 9th meeting of the Board of Directors on December 2, 2022, and has proposed improvement measures in response to the suggestions from the directors.
The Company will evaluate the following intellectual property management objectives in the future:
- In conjunction with the Company’s M&A project, update the current system and establish a global intellectual property management plan.
- Obtain Taiwan Intellectual Property Management System (TIPS) certification.
Disclosed on the Company’s Website
In order to comply with the requirements of the corporate governance evaluation, the intellectual property management plan will be disclosed on the Company’s website after reporting to the Board of Directors and implementing improvement measures in response to the directors’ suggestions.
Date of Report to the Board of Directors:
The intellectual property management plan was reported to the Board of Directors on December 2, 2022.